Advertisement

Forum / News / Weekly News - 2nd Dec 2017

Bunnery 13 days, 2 hours ago

Hello!
Welcome to the first news update of December!

It's lovely to see all the festive pictures popping up in recent games. It's also good to have people chatting in the forums too. There have been some interesting threads recently - I especially liked the one abut your favourite Interference game! I put a link to my fave - the Owl and the Pussycat game. Do have a look - and tell us your favourite so far! You can also use the forums to introduce yourself, ask us questions or chat to other players.

So, how is Breadmower getting on with the android app? Well, in his defence we have had a few taxing issues this week, including more visits to the vets (and emergency vets over the weekend!) with Grumbles and his bad eye.
Then one of the hard discs in the server broke and everything was flashing red. Then when Breadmower sorted that out - the electrics went off completely! We tried to track down the problem - unplugged everything to try and find the cause. in the end we had to call an electrician. He said "It's probably the washing machine" - and when he unplugged that everything came back on again!

So, we've had to get ourselves and early Christmas present - a new washing machine! Think of the fun we can have with THAT on Christmas Day!

Still - at least we have lights and heating back now :-)

But, despite all that Breadmower will have the app in the store this weekend. It will initially be a Beta version - until we've tried it out in the wild and seen that it will work! Look out for a link to that on the web version of the game any minute now!

Okay, on to awards now:

Description of the Week goes to Katay for their "Cow jumping over--Wait, where's the moon?" He loves the way that you think you know where it's going - but then it's the earth not the moon! What's going on?? A nice double-take there!

Picture of the Week goes to aninjavanish for "Guy riding a hammerhead shark. Love the style and the expression on the shark's face - he's not looking too happy. But the guy riding him is delighted! Nice job there!

I think that's it for this week. You can watch the Video Update on YouTube for a longer version of this! We'll see you next week :-)

Breadmower 13 days, 2 hours ago

Hey everyone,

I've now made the beta version of the Android app available to everyone, though (at the moment) you won't be able to find it by searching in Google Play - you'll need to follow the link on the front page of playinterference.com (look for the "Get the Android app (beta)" link). That'll install the app and then you'll be able to sign in with the same details you use on the website or Windows app.

There's still a few things missing at the moment, for example you can't become a supporter within the app (if you're feeling keen, you can do that on the website and it'll unlock the extra features in the app too!) and a few other bits and pieces. If you do find anything that doesn't work quite right then please let us know either in the forums - just start a thread in "Help and support" remember to mention that you're on Android!).

Thanks again to everyone who helped us test the alpha version of the app - there were several bugs that we wouldn't have noticed if we'd only tested it on the devices we have access to. Your help is very much appreciated! :-)

Breadmower 13 days, 1 hour ago

Oh, also: sorry for the bad sound in the video - turns out that I'd messed up connecting the microphones. Will be back to normal next week! :-)

JuF 12 days, 3 hours ago

Hello, I downloaded the app on my android phone and it looks really nice! Unfortunately I can’t sign in, I get a blank page with some text and my name appears but it does not work,...

Breadmower 12 days, 3 hours ago

JuF Sorry about that - I managed to make a new bug in our sign in system after releasing the app. It should be working correctly now if you try again (you won't need to update the app, as it was all fixed on the server). Thanks for letting us know, and we'd love to hear what you think of the app now that it's working :-)

JuF 12 days, 2 hours ago

Perfect! It works now! :-)

Mini-Crushies 11 days, 19 hours ago

I'm using the Android app ;0;

Accidently clicked logout on the browser and I saw the option to download the app. I was so freaking happy and I clicked to download it asap xD

It's actually really nice. I like it :>

Post a reply

You'll need to sign in if you want to post a reply.